Using Microsoft Visual C

I'm working on a project which is a mix of UNIX and Windows.  A large
portion of the base-code is ANSI/UNIX, with the edges (GUI & audio i/o) in
Win32.

I would like to get migrate the project from cygwin/gcc to MSVC.  Ideally,
I'd simply point the compiler at the cygwin unix headers and link to the
cygwin DLL.  Has anyone attempted this with success?  Do you have any tips
for me?  Am I on the right track (not referring to the migration towards
windows <g>)?

Thanks in advance,
Dave