Microsoft Acquires Softway Systems

The next may be a bit off topic, but I think it is interesting, since it is
related to porting Unix applications to WNT, or POSIX compliance, or the
Cygnus CygWin project.

On September 17th, Microsoft Acquired Softway Systems, the makers of
Interix, which is a native POSIX subsystem for WNT. Actually, Softway
Systems asked a souce licence to MS for the original POSIX subsystem (POSIX
1003.1 only) and extended it to be POSIX 1003.xx compliant. Currently,
Interix can even run Linux binaries, if I read well their pages.

MS says Interix will provide POSIX compliance to w2k, but I think it will
not be bundled with the standard w2k distribution.

What do you think about that and how (if) can that change the CygWin project
and the others commercial POSIX layers for WNT? (for instance, CygWin can
run under w9x too, which Interix can't).

Emanuele