Cygwin - new install

Hi:
Sorry if this is a dumb question ... tried User Guide/FAQ's/Refs..etc..
Followed instruction properly [I think] ... but I guess I missed
something... Installation works but... keep getting same
message from BASH....when attempting to read and execute instruction in a
file..
ie:
I have .profile set up to call .bashrc.....(.bashrc) has the command
...shopt -s nocaseglob........ as recommended
in User Guide...

Activating Bash works but gives message:

shopt: error 22
BASH.EXE-2.02$

I get similar messages when attempting to read and execute an Init file in
Tcl

ie:
source: error 22
catch: error 22

Would appreciate anyone pointing me in the right direction.....

Thanks.
Bob Powers
r.t.powers@worldnet.att.net