Building native Mingw32 tools

Mumit, I know you hate answering questions about this stuff. Maybe the
answer is quick and easy, or perhaps somebody else knows how to fix this.

I have been following the howto posted at
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/mingw-cross-howto.txt
to attempt to build mingw32-hosted tools on a linux (Mandrake 6.0) box. I am
using the gcc 2.95 source, the 1999-07-31 runtime and your win32 patch for
gcc 2.95. The linux-x-mingw32 compiler built without a hitch and seems to
work very nicely. I then built binutils for a mingw32 host -- again no
problem.

But when I try to build the mingw32 hosted compiler using the linux-x-ming32
cross compiler, the build croaks when it tries to link collect2. It
complains that it can't find functions for certain system calls,
specifically pipe, kill and fork. I know that mingw32 doesn't implement all
POSIX system calls, but your howto seems to indicate that gcc should build
properly (i.e. that this should not be a problem). I searched your patch,
and collect2.c (where the calls are located) isn't touched.

Am I missing something here? Any help greatly appreciated. Please let me
know if you need more specification information about the configure, build,
etc.

Best regards,

MKE