RE: bz2 file type ?

You are downloading file with NETSCAPE.
It should read -ddd-3.1.4.tar.gz.  You simply have to rename the files.
Netscape on Windows is known to screw up the extensions, particularly
if it has too many periods like the file for UNIX.
If you are so new to Cygwin stuff, I suggest you do some reading first,
please.  Subscribe to cygwin mailing list and answer questions there.

Suhaib

E-Mail: Suhaib M. Siddiqi <Ssiddiqi@InspirePharm.Com>
Date: 02-Sep-99
Time: 20:04:58