Re: Distributing cygwin1.dll

> Does the GPL really oblige me to make the source to the Cygnus tools
> available on my site - which isn't even up yet :-( - in order for me
> to distribute cygwin1.dll?

The GPL requires that you provide sources for the portions included in
your work.  If you include cygwin1.dll, you need to include the
sources needed to build cygwin1.dll (this is what we do for snapshots,
for example).  You don't need to include *all* the cygwin sources
(i.e. gcc, gdb, etc) if you don't include those sources in your work.

The sources should be made available via the same means and media as
the work itself; if you put the work on ftp or floppy then the sources
should be on ftp or floppy (respectively), etc.