RE: How do I install man files.

It's probably simplest to get the groff and man packages from franken.de and
install them.  Then unpack your man pages into the standard places like
/usr/man and /usr/local/man.  Then, after things are mostly working, you can
consider twiddling your man.conf (in /usr/local/lib).

I don't think you want to store your man pages on a random place on your
hard disk.  Store them where unix/cygwin expects them and avoid a lot of
hassles.

/usr/man/man1, /usr/man/man3, ..., /usr/local/man/man1, ... are the
directories where the unformatted (raw) man pages are stored.  Do a "man
man" once you've installed everything for some more info.