Re: Cygwin NT DDK Project and ntifs.h

>Well, apart from the __fastcall convention, and SEH, you should at least
>update the linker to handle the NATIVE subsystem and all the other driver
>things (the MS CRC comes to mind).

The native subsystem is already supported ("--subsystem native" at least for
applications; I am not sure if ld honours the "--entry DriverEntry" when
native is the target).

>Symbols must be in *KD / WinDBG format
>(at least until Micro$oft doesn't document fully how the remote kernel
>debugging facility work) unless you are going to happily trace into pure
>machine code.

Doesn't exist a kernel version of the gdb?

>Both the DDK and the system itself make a lot of (sometimes hidden)
>assumptions about how the compiler works, and this is going to worsen due
>to the use of floating point / MMX-whatever and C++ code in kernel mode -
>just think of how the name mangling operates on gcc and MSVC and you'll
>why I think a Cygwin DDK is probably too ambitious a goal at this stage
>(NASM or - ykes! - GAS/GASP might find their role much earlier, though -
>but this is a different option).

Am I wrong, or isn't FP explicitly forbidden in WNT4 kernel modules? There
are two system calls to save/restore the coprocessor's state but nothing
more (KeRestoreFloatingPointState, KeSaveFloatingPointState).