Re: debugging across fork

Andrew Dalgleish <andrewd@axonet.com.au> writes:

> > btw, I finally ran the cygwin build and noticed that the balloon
> > popups don't work when I position the pointer on say a variable.
> > If it happens to others as well, it's probably a bug and needs
> > to be reported. Works fine on Unix boxes I've tried.
> [Andrew Dalgleish]
> I had noticed that.
> If you hover over a function name the popup does show the function
> address.

Ah, it's the old bug where the files are not on C: drive. If the
source files are on C:, then everything works (functions and vars),
otherwise nothing.  Essentially gdb_loc chokes if files are named
say //g/foo.c or g:\\foo.c (the actual error is "No source file
named `xxx' in decode_line_1 deep within the guts).

I know what the problem is, and it's in Tcl Cygwin patches. I also
know the solution, but the fix doesn't work in Cygwin b20.1 due to
bugs in path handling. Chris has already fixed the pathname handling
issues, so I'll submit the changes for b21. It may not solve Insight's
current problem, but it will solve quite a few others.

Regards,
Mumit