Re: Cygwin NT DDK Project

>In short: CygWin is a (_GREAT_) porting tool, with MinGW a very good
>target for "usual" applications. Using it for driver purposes looks to me,
>at this stage, a waste of time; full support for all the available user
>mode APIs would be a much more useful project.

I use the Cygwin's little child: mingw32. Ld can build native applications
(*) and, since kernel mode drivers are native DLLs, it probably can build
them too. Unfortunately, as Mumit confirmed prevately, gcc can not handle
the __fastcall calling convention which is required to call some frequently
used system calls from kernel mode, so it is not complete yet for a free WNT
DDK.

(*) You simply need to replace main() with void
NtProcessStartup(PPROCESS_STARTUP ps); but they are hard to write
applications, since can link only to ntdll.dll and a few other core DLLs.