Re: Simple GUI on Win95 = 500k?

--- Frederico Chaves <fred@netpar.com.br> wrote:
> I have just compiled and linked my very first GUI application using cygwin
> b20 and the size of the executable was 500KB. The program simply show a
> MessageBox reaing "Hello World!" with a main windows a very simple window
> procedure attached to it. Is it usual?

The libraries used contain debugging symbols.  Therefore, yes it is usual for
the size of the program to be 500KB.  You can reduce the size if you `strip program.exe'.
===
Earnie Boyd <mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com>

Newbies, please visit
<http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html>

(If you respond to the list, then please don't cc me)