Question about gcc Linker

I'am trying to port a Program written with MS Developer Studio to
Cygwin. It uses dialogs and a console window as well. I use the Function
'_open_osfhandle' and get an undefined reference to that function when I
try to link.

What additional libraries do i need and how must I adress them in the
gcc -l option? I always get a 'no such file or directory' message, when
I try to add a library.

Cygwin Version is B 20.0.

Thanks in advance

U. Kaiser