RE: Netiquete

I think you are seeing a consequence of the way the
mailing lists work.  While the message is posted to the
mailing list, it is seen by the email client as being
from you.  A standard Reply will go only to you.
Reply to All will go to you _and_ the mailing list, and
you'll get two copies: the one sent to you directly,
and the one you get from the list.  If a reply is sent
to All, you'll see your name in the To: field and the
list's name in the CC: field.  Replies sent only to you
should have only your name in the To: field, and no CC:.

The only real alternative is to manually change the
addressing so that the reply goes _only_ to the mailing
list, so that only one copy is distributed.  Whether to
send to the list or just the poster is a judgement call
based on how relevant you think the reply will be to the
rest of the list.
______
Dennis