Re: Make quoted strings problem running from cmd.exe...

Kevin Hill <kevin_hill@bigfoot.com> writes:

> My belief was that the cygwin product was supposed to support both the
> native NT shell and the supplied shells in parallel. Is this true? If it
> is and make does not properly support NT native commands, then Cygwin as
> product has a problem, doesn't it?

Given the inherent design (rather lack thereof!) of CMD/COMMAND, it would
be hard to make quoting work the same way between Unix-style POSIX shells
and CMD/COMMAND. It's probably a low priority items for folks who work
on these tools, so unless someone does it, it may be a while, if ever.

> If I got hold of a Mygwin version of Make, is it likely to be any
> different? If so, where could I get such a thing, or would I need to
> download the source and attempt to build it myself?

ftp://ftp.xraylith.wisc.edu/pub/khan/gnu-win32/mingw32/ports/

Regards,
Mumit