Re: Using libcygwin.a for Visual C++ compiler

--- Hongwei CHU <chu@softbrain.co.jp> wrote:
> Hello,
> I want to use Visual C++ 6.0 to compile one Unix application which was
> successfully compiled by cygwin-b20. I wrapped the cygwin1.dll to the MS
> import lib libcygwin.lib and transfered it to the linker together with
> Msvcrt.lib. This made the compilation successful. However, when I debugged
> the application until FOPEN, CYGWIN1.dll threw the execption and failed.
> So, what 's wrong with it? Is it due to the incompatibility of the MS lib
> and cygwin lib? How can I solve the problem?
>
> I would appreciate any kind of advice.

Yes.  Don't mix cygwin and msvc.  Cygwin is a C runtime, msvcrt is also a C
runtime; YOU SIMPLY CAN'T MIX THE TWO.
===
Earnie Boyd <mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com>

Newbies, please visit
<http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html>

(If you respond to the list, then please don't cc me)