Re: post b20.1: How to disable umask and access UNC path

igoresha@iwmail.com wrote:
> [...]
> And in any case does the fact that new code does not work accross network should be considered as a bug?
> I.e. if I make a new file of a different computer it
> should be created under the ownership of the account under which I connected to that computer and not the account under which I logged in locally.

This is a illegal implication. You have accessed the other computer via
smb. This has NOTHING to do with NT security. The correct behaviour is
to use the SID under which you are logged into the NT network and in
your example it's the SID of your local login. The resulting `Unknown'
account on the other computer is a logical consequence because it has
no access to your local SAM. Moreover, what you do is possible but not
correct in a NT domain. You should login as domain user when you work
in a domain. If you use your local login you are mixing two worlds and
you have to live with the results.

Regards,
Corinna