Re: xterms and vi

On Tue, Aug 10, 1999 at 08:52:09PM -0400, Suhaib M. Siddiqi wrote:
>> Note: Make the appropriate backups before installing.
>> Strangeness has been
>> noted with interactive bash or sh starting another interactive bash or sh
>> process which Chris is pulling his hair out trying to fix.
>
>Hmmm... I have seen that with one of the recent snapshot.  I thought I was
>doing something wrong.
>
>Also setting CYGWIN=nontsec in the recent snapshot is not helping much.  If
>I use
>Crtl+C to kill a job, often bash will hang for a long time.

Yup.  If you type CTRL-C and something hangs, it's undoubtely your
fault.  You've probably disattenuated the potential relegator on your
hard disk spin control by excessive use of the control key.  This can
cause bits to fly out of your hard disk and lodge in your CPU, causing
momentary stunning of your CPU.

Probably you'll have to reformat your hard drive and possibly even
repaint your computer room to fix this problem.  Also, remove all cats,
as static electricity can be a known cause of all sorts of computer
hangs.

-chris