search engine in the archive is a mystery to me

I posted a question about cp -r having permission problems
when copying to a network drive.

I searched the archive for 'permission' and 'cp -r', even 'cp'
and didn't get a hit.

I can't imagine that not even the word 'permission' or 'cp'
can be found in the archives.

And then I'm getting a hint I should use the word 'Any' or 'All'.
OK, I write 'cp Any' in the search text field and I'm getting hits for the
word 'Any'. What gives?