Re: More DLL fun! [fwd: ]

On 15-Jul-1999, Emanuele ALIBERTI <ealiberti@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > > I am trying to compare 2 pointers to functions.
> > > All I am looking for is if they match or not.
> > > The pointers are to a function.
> > > The function is in a DLL, and the first place to get the
> > > function pointer is in an exe.
> > > The following is kind of a code sample (kind of but not really).
>
> The behaviour is correct.

That depends on what you mean by "correct"!
That behaviour described does not conform to the ANSI/ISO C standard.

It may well be that this behaviour is what the Microsoft compiler does.
However, I think you should choose your words more carefully, rather
than just saying that the behaviour is "correct".  For example, if
that is indeed what the MS compiler does, then you could instead describe
this behaviour as being "bug-for-bug compatible with the MS compiler" ;-)

PGP: finger fjh@128.250.37.3        |     -- the last words of T. S. Garp.