paths under ming

Hello.  I've written a console program with mingw32 which takes command line
parameters.  Some of these parameters consist of file names (including
paths).  Running the program under bash works fine, however, running it from
the windows console, it can't seem to find the files the parameters refer
to.  I think this has to do with how the directory and filenames are
specified.  I've tried both windows style backslashes '\' and unix style
forward slashes '/', as well as all caps, all lower case, and matching
cases, and none of this seems to work under the dos console.  Can someone
tell me how programs compiled with mingw32 expect filenames passed from the
command line.  Thanks.

Reza