after compiling and executing...

Hi!
After compiling and executing the program ( I'm trying to port a game from
linux to Windows), it gives me these messages:

[main] C:\TF\TFSERVER.EXE 1000 (0) handle_exceptions: Exception:
STATUS_ACCESS_V
IOLATION
[main] TFSERVER 1000 (0) handle_exceptions: Dumping stack trace to
TFSERVER.EXE.
core

In order to compile it, I changed these instructions:

         mask = sigmask(SIGUSR1) | sigmask(SIGUSR2) | sigmask(SIGINT) |
                     sigmask(SIGPIPE) | sigmask(SIGALRM) | sigmask(SIGTERM) |
                     sigmask(SIGURG) | sigmask(SIGXCPU) | sigmask(SIGHUP);

with these:

   mask = sigprocmask(SIG_BLOCK, SIGUSR1, 0) |
           sigprocmask(SIG_BLOCK, SIGUSR2, 0) |
           sigprocmask(SIG_BLOCK, SIGINT,  0) |
           sigprocmask(SIG_BLOCK, SIGPIPE, 0) |
           sigprocmask(SIG_BLOCK, SIGALRM, 0) |
           sigprocmask(SIG_BLOCK, SIGTERM, 0) |
           sigprocmask(SIG_BLOCK, SIGURG,  0) |
           sigprocmask(SIG_BLOCK, SIGXCPU, 0) |
           sigprocmask(SIG_BLOCK, SIGHUP,  0);

does it right?

second, I tried to use gdb but it writes me :"GDB can't read core files on
this machine".. why?

Bye everybody
Gianluca (Italy)

Gianluca Colucci