Re: stty

Since the 'tty emulation' mode uses pipes for communication, it does
cause some problems with programs who are expecting their stdin/stdout
to be an actual console.

If it is just vim that is giving you problems, then you can always use
a cygwin-specific version.

Basically, the only way you're going to be able to get the functionality
that you want is if you use pure-cygwin applications.  Even if a
non-cygwin program operates fine in CYGWIN=tty mode, it will not
understand Cygwin's conventions for setting things like 'intr', 'susp',
'kill', etc.

cgf