Re: undefined references when compiling with -mno-cygwin

Mumit Khan wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Jun 1999, Jeff Boleng wrote:
> >
> > [ on compiling without cygwin dll ]
> >
> > I didn't find anything in the FAQ or archives, so if anyone can help please
> > let me know.
>
> You're kidding, right? There're tons of posts regarding mno-cygwin in the
> archives, and some of these deal with precisely this issue. Please at
> the very least see my mno-cygwin howto at:
>   http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/

He's got a point about the FAQ, though. It just says to use the
-mno-cygwin flag, with no hint that anything more is required. That's
seriously misleading, and is undoubtedly why so many people keep asking
about this. Why not put a pointer in there?

Expecting people to search the archives is unreasonable until something
is done about the search engine.

--
Ross Smith <ross.s@ihug.co.nz> The Internet Group, Auckland, New Zealand