.EXE suffix question

Hi,

I'd like to have minimal changes in my makefiles. However all "clean" target
do not work since they perform a 'rm prog' while the actual file name is
'prog.exe' ? Is there an automatic way to solve this or have I to modify all
makefiles ?

BTW, I noticed that 'strip' does not add a .exe when invoked with 'strip
prog' (I have to explicitely say 'strip prog.exe'). Since many other commands
handling executables implicitely add this suffix maybe this is a little bug.

Thank you for your attention.

                 Daniel Diaz
University of Paris 1      INRIA Rocquencourt
   75013 Paris           78153 Le Chesnay Cedex
     FRANCE                     FRANCE
        email: Daniel.Diaz@inria.fr