windres - file version info & icons- 20.1 win98

Hi..

  I cant seem to get windres to compile file version info resources
correctly, or icons how i _think_ they are supposed to be compiled.  I'm
using cygwin b20.1 as it came in full.exe.  I'm invoking windres with
"windres -i llama.rc -o llama.res -O coff".  I'm compiling with "gcc
-mwindows -mno-cygwin ...".  windres generates no errors when I try to
compile them.  Other resources, such as dialogs, appear to work fine.
1)  When I try to compile in file version info, it "kind of" works.  A
"Version" tab appears in the "File Properties" dialog.  However, all of the
fields (File Version, Description, Copyright) are blank, and no items appear
in the "Other version information" list box.  I tried using part of a .rc
file distributed with the MS Platform SDK:
1 VERSIONINFO
FILEVERSION     1,0,0,0
PRODUCTVERSION  1,0,0,0
FILEFLAGSMASK   0x0000003FL
FILEFLAGS       (0x00000008L|0x00000002L|0x00000001L)
FILEOS          0x00010001L
FILETYPE        0x00000001L
FILESUBTYPE     0x00000000L
BEGIN
    BLOCK "StringFileInfo"
    BEGIN
        BLOCK "040904E4"
        BEGIN
            VALUE "CompanyName",   "Microsoft Corporation\0"
            VALUE "FileDescription",   "Pharyix\0"
            VALUE "FileVersion",       "1.000\0"
            VALUE "InternalName",       "PHARYIX" "\0"
            VALUE "ProductName",      "Pharyix\0"
            VALUE "ProuctVersion",       "1.000\0"
        END
    END

    BLOCK "VarFileInfo"
    BEGIN
        VALUE "Translation", 0x409, 1252, 0x411, 1252
    END
END

.... same results.  How can I get this to work?
2)  When I try to use icons, it also "kind of" works.  After the application
has been linked, the icon I selected shows in Windows Explorer.  However,
that icon does not show on the File Properties dialog.  Instead, it shows
that default (the one that all DOS apps have) icon.  I'm using:
progname ICON "progname.ico"
Am I doing something wrong here?  How can I Windows to show my icon in the
File Properties dialog?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.. =)

Aaron W. LaFramboise
AaronWL@EFNet