Re: daemons as services again

   Sender: cygwin-owner@sourceware.cygnus.com
   Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 11:21:18 -0700 (PDT)
   From:  <itz@lbin.com>
   CC: cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com

      The startup parameters box is at the bottom of the services
      dialog as soon as it is started from the control
      panel. Unfortunately, as far as I recall this box is only useful
      for the instance when you manually start a service from that
      dialog. To get persistence you have to edit the service entry in
      the registry. I don't recall the specifics, but you can find
      details on Sergei's Coolview page where he talks about
      installing and setting up the inetd services.

   I believe you mean the geol.msu.ru page reachable from the Gygwin
   home page.  It just says "see corresponding manuals how to provide
   command line options for started applications".  Corresponding to
   what?  The invoker one-page document doesn't give this information.

Don't fall all over to answer :-(
Since I can't seem to get the information I need from the invoker
manual, I searched the cygwin mailing list for AutoexNT information.
I found only 1 message (from Sergei) with an actual pointer to a
download location.  That location (the uk sunsite) no longer seems to
carry it. :-(

I am willing to edit the registry by hand, but what keys, and what
exact format to use?  Is there __ANY__ free and currently available
information on this?  Please help.

--
Ian Zimmerman
Lightbinders, Inc.