Re: "sed" bug?

DJ Delorie wrote:

> More likely a bug in ash (or in cygwin, but only ash stumbles upon
> it).  We don't intentionally make them incompatible.  Note, however,
> that bash and ash *are* different programs, so if a script relies on
> some obscure bash idiosyncrasy, there's not much we can do about it.

The problems that cleared up when I switched to bash were
"sed" expressions that were generated by standard Autoconf
macros (version 1.13).  I'm guessing that Autoconf doesn't
use any obscure bash idiosyncrasies, so it looks like this
could be an ash bug.

--
D. Richard Hipp -- drh@acm.org -- http://www.hwaci.com/drh/