Re: "sed" bug?

DJ Delorie wrote:

> > I don't understand.  "sh" is "bash" on both Linux and Cygwin20, is
> > it not?  I'm not running csh if that is what you are asking.
>
> sh and bash are different in cygwin.  sh is really "ash", which is
> like bash but doesn't have all the interactive bits in it, making it a
> much smaller and leaner shell, good for scripts.

OK.  That's good to know.  When I type:

    bash //H/gd/acd/fu/re/configure

instead of just

    //H/gd/acd/fu/re/configure

everything appears to work.  So is this a bug
in ash?  Or is the imcompatibility intentional?

Thanks everybody for your help.
--
D. Richard Hipp -- drh@acm.org -- http://www.hwaci.com/drh/