MOO crash with hostname lookups

[Please send any replies to me directly]

When trying to get the MOO server running under CygWin b20.1, I
discovered it crashes Windows when starting the hostname lookup
processes.

The name lookup code is in name_lookup.c (the source distribution is
available from <http://www.moo.mud.org/>).  I'm fairly new to both
CygWin and UNIX programming, so I don't know what the exact cause of
the problem is, but:

 - the problem does NOT occur if I am connected to the Internet
 - the code in question primarily consists of calls to fork(),
pipe(), gethostbyname(), gethostbyaddr(), and wait().
 - in B18 it occasionally caused a register dump (while continuing
with the main program properly), but didn't crash Windows.

Any ideas?  (remember, please email me directly)

--
Gavin Lambert, uecasm@geocities.com
<http://ue.cjb.net/>, <http://crash.ihug.co.nz/~brianc/>