Delayed execution on Pentium II

I have Cygwin B20.1 set up identically on 2 Compaq Deskpro Computers.  One is
a Pentium Pro 200 MHz and the other a Pentium II 400 Mhz.  All the
configurations were copied from one system to another.  Both machines have
128 Mbytes Ram and
are running NT 4.0 sp 3.

One application, PSPP which is a GNU statistical package runs immediately
when executed on the Pentium Pro while on the Pentium II it sits for
approximately 2 minutes before executing and producing results identical to
the Pentium Pro.  Watching via the NT Task manager shows no cpu utilization
and GDB reveals nothing since the application runs correctly.  I have made
the .EXE files on both systems and run them on the opposite system as well
with the same results.

Has anyone seen this type of behavior before?  I am assuming it is a
BASH/Pentium II issue.

                                                                    David
Lucido