RE: Bug Report: File globbing in CMD shell

Hmmm. That doesn't quite make sense either. I tried the same thing on
Solaris:

$ ls tmpdir/*
tmpdir/tmp.txt
$ ls tmpdir\*
tmpdir*: No such file or directory
$ ls tmpdir\\*
ls: No match.
$ ls tmpdir\tmp.txt
tmpdirtmp.txt: No such file or directory

Note the difference between the fourth example above and the fourth example
below. It looks like Cygwin is trying to accommodate the DOS backslash path
separator when invoked from CMD.EXE, but it is not very logical when the
argument contains an asterisk.

My opinion is that backslash should not quote the next character when using
CMD.EXE (at least there should be an option for specifying this).

I would like to have a look at the file globbing code - any hints as to
where I might find it? (I have not delved into the Cygwin sources before.)

--
Henry