Re: various 'cywin1.dll' tested with PERL's 'Configure' script.

In a message dated 99-06-03 08:29:26 EDT, earnie_boyd@yahoo.com writes:

<< The Jan 15th snapshot was an
 effort by DJ to get cygwin to run as smoothly as possible on Win95 by working
 around the bugs within the OS and IMHO will be the last time that Win95 will
be
 given special attention unless some user wishes to contribute fixes.

 How about Win98 users?  I don't remember seeing complaints of this nature
from
 Win98 users and definitely not from WinNT users.

 SUGGESTION: Upgrade to at least Win98, but if at all possible switch to
WinNT!!

 ST: Linux advocates, we already know that you'd suggest switching linux. >>
In my experience, the most recent snapshots are best with W95, but there is
the issue of the changed implementation of ctype.  I'm running Win2K and
Win95 now, with cygwin installed separately on each (W2K on NTFS; cygwin not
working with W2K on FAT).  Cygwin definitely runs better for me on W2K than
on NT.  As for linux, I'm debating whether to spend the money to try Caldera
with Partition Magic, so I can have 3 OS's mostly able to work in each
others' partitions.

Tim
tprince@computer.org