Re: wget blocked by Microsoft Proxy Server firewall

--- Yu-Jui Lee <yjlee@go-trinity.com.tw> wrote:
> Hi,

Hello Yu-Jui Lee,

> I once used Andy Piper's cygwin /usr/local stuff happily until my
> company installed Microsoft Proxy Server as firwall. The ftp.exe and
> telnet.exe of Andy's are all blocked by the firewall but still work
> well within the firewall. On the other hand, the ftp.exe and
> telnet.exe that come with Ms Win98 still work happily through the
> firewall. I'm using Cygwin b20.1
>
> I strongly suspect that it is the problem of the cygwin environment
> but still cannot pinpoint it. I then got the gnu wget source for
> testing. I compiled wget.exe 2 times with MSVC6 and Cygwin tool chain
> respectively. As I have expected, the cygwin version is always blocked
> by the firewall while the msvc6 version can reach outside with no
> problem. When I traced cygwin version into the source code with gdb, I
> found it is blocked at line 91 of connect.c where the statement is,
>
>   if (connect (*sock, (struct sockaddr *) &sock_name, sizeof (sock_name)))
>
> I also traced the MSVC6 version that it passed this statement with no
> problem.  I can only reach here and have no idea to investigate
> further. I don't know if it is the cygwin1.dll that makes the proxy
> function incorrect. Actually not only the proxy server is installed at
> the server computer, my PC also installed the WSP (WinSock Proxy)
> client. The WSPWSP.dll is added to \windows\system directory. Anyone
> can help?

I don't know if this will help but there are a new set of header for the w32api
that you can download from
http://www.acc.umu.se/~anorland/gnu-win32/w32api.html.  This set of headers
will replace the existing headers in the current cygwin product.  They are more
complete and up to date.

> Thanks!

You're welcome.

===