/bin mount point and sh.exe

I have chosen the "identity mount" setup and mounted
as shown below.  I have mounted c: as /c as well, but in this case it
is umount-ed at the moment.

It is important that sh.exe be able to find itself to execute shell
scripts.  So I went so far as to put a few critical programs like sh,
ls, cat, rm, etc in
c:\bin to see if sh.exe could always find what it needs.

This is the question:
At DOS with paths set up so that the H-i586-cygwin32/bin directory can
be found, should I be able
to simply type:

sh ls

and get a directory?  As it is, sh cannot find ls in this way.  Is this
bad syntax, or is this normal behavior?

My mounts are down below.

Thanks,
Mark

c:                                        /         native
text!=binary
a:                                        /a        native
text!=binary
c:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin  /bin      native
text!=binary
d:                                        /d        native
text!=binary
\\.\a:                                    /dev/fd0  native
text!=binary
\\.\b:                                    /dev/fd1  native
text!=binary
\\.\tape0:                                /dev/st0  native
text!=binary
\\.\tape1:                                /dev/st1  native
text!=binary
f:                                        /f        native
text!=binary
n:                                        /n        native
text!=binary
o:                                        /o        native
text!=binary