Re: Tcl/Tk 8.1 patches

Andrew Dalgleish <andrewd@axonet.com.au> writes:
> Thanks, Mumit.
>
> tcl built like a breeze.
>
> The patch w32api-0.1.5.diff creates /tmp/cvs10834kaa instead of zmouse.h
> The tk Makefile refers to a directory tcl8.1b3 instead of tcl8.1

I usually hand edit the diff files (produced by ``cvs diff'') to avoid
this, but must've missed that. Thanks. btw, I thought newer versions of
diff can deduce the filename from the Index line.

> Building tk gives some name collisions with windows functions.
> I shut them up by adding "#define _WINDOWS_H" to the affected files
> (patch below).
> Ugly, but it works (because windows.h is bracketed with #ifndef
> _WINDOWS_H).

I didn't run into that, so I'll double check. Cygwin or Mingw?

Please report bugs that you find. Accompanying fixes are always more
than welcome of course. My impression of 8.1 however is that it's still
too unstable, and I'm going to hold off upgrading locally until a few
more patch levels.

Regards,
Mumit