Programmers documentation project

For the upcoming release of V IDE 0.5, I'm collecting
the most useful free documentation for programmers
in HTML format for a inclusion in the  VIDE help
package. There is a main page with easy links to
all the topics.  My list includes:

 * V and VIDE, of course

 * GNU gcc/g++:
   gcc
   cpp preprocessor
   as
   binutils
   g++ FAQ
   g77
   ld

 * C/C++ libraries
   glibc
   iostream
   STL

 * GNU Tools
   gdb
   gdb annotate
   grep
   gzip
   make
   tar
   diff

 * HTML - Bare bones guide

All these docs are either GNUed or not restricted for
redistribution. They are all available at various sources,
but I actually had to spend a long time gathering the
documents I've included so far - I've tired to find
the best free docs I could. I've also oriented my
picks to how I program. I've also tried to get
just the best documents I could. There were quite
a few I rejected.

Now - I'd like a little help.

First, I'm looking for good, free HTML format docs for:

  C++ - a short summary of the language, syntax, etc.
  Win32 API in HTML
  Linux/Unix system functions
  X Windows reference
  A better HTML reference? So far, the Bare Bones Guide
     is the best free doc I could find.

If you know of a source for any of these, please let me know.

Second, do you see anything blatant missing from my list?
Any good HTML docs especially relevant for programmers?
What would be a good set of basic refs for Cygwin?

Third, have I included anything that is really useless?

So far, the package is 3.7Megs Zipped (it is available
at ftp://objectcentral.com/videhelp.zip). This is pretty
big, but it is nice to have all these on my machine in
one place, and I think others might like the package,
too.

--

Bruce E. Wampler, Ph.D.

Author of the V C++ GUI Framework