Re: bash sees all lines as 80 chars long

-----Original Message-----
From: Earnie Boyd <earnie_boyd@yahoo.com>
To: Stewart, Wayne <wayne.stewart@sonosite.com>; 'Ian Zimmerman'
<itz@lbin.com>; cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com <cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com>
Date: Monday, May 10, 1999 12:42 PM
Subject: RE: bash sees all lines as 80 chars long

>> > Make Windows send bash a SIGWINCH when the size changes.
>> > Good luck :-)
>> >

>> As above, after resizing the window and executing
>> 'stty size', I see the new window size in the
>> output of 'stty' which is a cygwin program, so the
>> new window's line length is available to cygwin.
>>
>> So, if the only issue is bash being *automatically*
>> notified of the window resize event - I'd be happy
>> with some manual process to tell bash of the new
>> line length, e.g., 'export COLUMNS=110' or something
>> similar.
>>
>> So does this mean that currently there is not even
>> a manual process to reset line length?
>> Is 80 chars for shell lines hard-coded in the
>> cygwin port?
>
>Hmm.  I don't see any problems with adjusting the size of the bash window
on NT
>4 sp3.  I just change the size of the window and voila all columns are
being
>used.  What are you executing that is giving you problems with column
sizes?
>How do you have the CYGWIN variable set?

amazon:~/slang$ printenv CYGWIN
tty
amazon:~/slang$

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Zimmerman;Ian;T
FN:Myself
ORG:Lightbinders, Inc.
TITLE:Network Administrator
TEL;WORK;VOICE:(415-)621-5746
TEL;WORK;FAX:(415-)621-5898
ADR;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:;;2325 3rd Street=0D=0A#324;San Francisco;California;94107;USA
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:2325 3rd Street=0D=0A#324=0D=0ASan Francisco, California 94107=0D=0AUSA
URL:http://www.lbin.com
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:itz@lbin.com
REV:19990510T194651Z
END:VCARD