Re: Linking with several DLLs

Daniel Gonzalez <dgonzalez@datacomm.ch> writes:
> Hi,
>
> I have a program linking with several DLLs. Do I have to declare an impure
> pointer
> in each DLL? How do I initialize it? Why is it necessary?

Good news is that the impure_ptr hack hasn't been necessary since b19.1,
but you need to use the right entry point. All this is handled
transparently by dllwrap, which will eventually be obsoleted when
ld supports --shared option (thanks to DJ Delorie's ongoing work).

Please see my instructions + examples in my dllhelpers package:
  http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/dllhelpers.html

Regards,
Mumit