RE: Problems with stdio & stderr

> expect relies on cygwin ptys to do its magic.  It is unlikely that
> you'll be able to make things work if you are trying to use non-cygwin
> functions for reading and writing.
>
> -chris

This seems to imply that expect/dejagnu are only useful
for automating/testing "pure" Cygwin applications.  Is
that the intent, or is the goal to make them more
general purpose tools for the Win32 platform eventually?

It also leads me to beleive that it would be *very*
difficult to port these to Mingw32, no?

(How do you pronounce "mingw32" anyway?)

What about the emacs shell issue?  Is this more
easily addressed?

Thanks,
    Wayne