Re: malloc and free mixing in VC++ and cygwin

--- Dominique MICOLLET <miko@thetis.u-bourgogne.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I browse both FAQ, Users Manual and mailing list archive but was unable to
> find the answer to the following question :
>
> - is it possible to malloc a buffer within a cygwin procedure and free this
> buffer within a VC++ procedure ?
> - and inversely ?
>
> I suspect no, but I wish a confirmation.

I would suspect no also.  However, if you use the -mno-cygwin or the mingw32
variant of gcc then the answer should be yes.  The con to using mingw32 is that
you don't get the cygwin mounted directory structure.  The pro to using mingw32
is that it will be faster as it doesn't have to emulate posix.
===
"Earnie Boyd" <mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com>
CYGWIN RELATED HELP:
 DOCUMENTATION: <http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/docs.html>