Re: Executing a program on a non-cygwin PC

--- Chris <Christine.Pourcelot@inria.fr> wrote:
> Try to compile with -mno-cygwin opetion, so you'll be able to run you
> program on a PC without Cygwin tools
> See
> http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/mno-cygwin-howto.txt
> Hope this help
> Christine
--8<--

Christine,

Your solution only works if Dominique hasn't used anything from the UNIX layer
such as the fork function.  Dominique's scenario should work perfectly.
However, there may be subtle differences in the environments of the machines.

Dominique,

Make sure that there is a /tmp directory.  Set the CYGWIN environment variable
with appropriate values.  Make sure that the cygwin1.dll is on the PATH
especially if the program is forking a process.

Question: Are the two NT stations identical in device and os level?  It has
been noted that sp4 gives people headaches.

--8<--
> Dominique MICOLLET wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am discovering cygwin, so my question may be a newbie one or a FAQ, but I
> was
> > unable to find an answer in the official FAQ or in the mailing list
> archives.
> >
> >  Consider two PC under Windows NT : on the first one, cygwin B20 is
> correctly
> > installed. On the second one, there is no cygwin.

--8<--
===
"Earnie Boyd" <mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com>
CYGWIN RELATED HELP: