Re: VIRUS DETECTION

Reference:  <8EEF5657FE89D111A5D50000F81F9C8CB64409@rhnt02.res.timken.com>
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/cygwin/1999-04/msg00054.html

> When trying to download user.exe from ftp site, my virus scan software
> discovered the NETBUSPRO.DR virus in the file. Please let me know when this
> is fixed. I am an unix admin with a laptop running NT who has uses earlier
> releases of the software.

>I just scanned both user.exe and full.exe from both go.cygnus.com and
>sourceware.cygnus.com this morning, and found no viruses.  I used
>McAfee 4.0.2 with virus file 4.0.4019 (3/29).  Are you using the
>latest scanner and virus file?

I am using McAfee Virus Scan for Windows NT, Version 3.0.3 with virus file
3.0.3204 (3/27/99).
This is the latest virus file for the series 3 McAfee.  It is reporting the
NETBUSPRO.DR virus
on full.exe and user.exe.  The McAfee site does not contain documentation on the
NETBUSPRO
virus itself, but does list what appears to be a related NETBUS virus.
According to the site, this
virus is similar to the old "Back Orifice" virus in that it causes a program to
be run in background
which allows a user to remotely log onto your machine if they have the proper
virus signon.

Philip Brown
Sr. Principal Engineer
Harris Corporation