Re: SSHD

JJ,

On 16 Dec 1998, you posted your install procedure for SSHD on NT.  I have
attempted to get SSHD on NT running but am experiencing the following
problem(s):

1) I run SSHD on my NT box: /usr/local/sbin/sshd1 -d
2) I then run SSH on a UNIX box: ssh -v -l USERNAME NTHOSTNAME
3) The SSH prompts for password and I enter it.
4) The SSH types out some environment stuff and 2 echo messages that I placed in
the .profile in the NT account.
5) The SSH then displays the prompt string of the command line interpreter on
the NT side: bash-2.02$
6) While this is going on, I can run the task manager on the NT box and see the
bash being executed.
7) After about 1-2 seconds, the bash terminates and on the SSHD side is
displayed the messages:
	Received SIGCHLD
	End if interactive session; stdin 0, stdout (read 249, sent 249), stderr
0 bytes.
	pty_cleanup_called
	chmod /dev/tty0 0666 failed: No such file or directory
	command exited with status 0
8) On the SSH side is displayed
	Connection to NTHOSTNAME closed.
	Exit status 0.

Can you or others make suggestions to help me get this SSHD on NT working?

Larry Gerhardstein -- Larry.Gerhardstein@pnl.gov