Re: rxvt win32 port updated

bub wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've posted a new rxvt-port-to-win32-api binary to:
>      http://www.io.com/~bub/rxvt.html
>
> It fixes a number of bugs and improves the scrollbar support.
>
> Enjoy.
> -steve

I'm having a few problems getting the native port of rxvt to work
"correctly" with bash.

From a shortcut, the target is:

E:\WINNT\Profiles\cwilson\Desktop\rxvt.exe -fn "Lucida Console-14" -fg
#ffffbf -bg #000040 -sl 2000 -title bash

this works okay - it's pale yellow on dark blue, uses the right font,
has the right title, and implements a scrollback buffer, but it doesn't
run my profile and setup dotfiles. I can enter commands, bash knows that
~ = /e/users/cwilson, etc. etc.

So, add "-e bash --login" to the end of the target. If I do that, the
rxvt window pops up, and immediately disappears. I tried many
permutations of "-e [full DOS path | full cygwin path | executable name
only] [with .exe suffix | without .exe suffix] [--login | -login] [-i]"
but in every case the rxvt window immediately went away.

The following shortcut, which points to an rxvt-2.6PRE2 built with X,
works fine (assuming my Xserver is running <g>):

F:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\usr\local\bin\rxvt.exe -fn sabvga -bg "rgbi:0/0/0"
-fg "rgbi:1/1/1" -sl 2000 -e bash --login

What am I doing wrong?

--Chuck