RE: B20: mv deletes files on error (NT)

Yes, *any* program that looks at inode numbers to determine if two files
are the same.

If I correctly understand this thread it seems the problem is that under
cygwin Foo and foo have different inode numbers :-<; why not base the
inode number for a file to its first sector (or cluster) number? (I know
this is simple in FAT, its in the directory entry, and it should be
quite readily available under NTFS also).

Just my $.02...

		Bernard

Bernard Dautrevaux
Microprocess Ingéniérie