Re: NTFS file time

At 02:55 PM 3/25/99 -0500, Carl Osterwisch wrote:
>I encountered a strange problem today while using "cp -pu" to backup
>my local NTFS files to a remote samba drive.  The cygnus tools (ls and
>cp anyway) are not consistently reading and preserving the file's
>modification time.  In some cases there is a discrepancy of a two
>seconds compared with what Win Explorer reports.

I have a similar experience moving files from a Sun to Cygwin, using tar.
On the Sun:
1-chablis$  find xxx -printf "%f %t\n"
xxx Thu Mar 25 19:32:57 1999

On Cygwin, after tar, ftp & untar from Sun to Cygwin
~:  find xxx -printf "%f %t\n"
xxx Thu Mar 25 19:32:56 1999

The problem doesn't seem to happen in the other direction.

Pierre