Re: Good News; Questions about Korn Shell for Win32

"Suhaib M. Siddiqi" wrote:

> Nope, I cannot let you use a copy of it.  It was given to me as a gift
> by one of the MKS Toolkit sales person.
>
> I am against violating the license agreement of anyone.  If you need it
> then you have to either get a demo of it or buy valid a license from
> Datafocus Inc., It costs $ 149.00 per seat.

Wasn't the MKS Toolkit licensed to Microsoft to be included in the next
version of NT?  I remember reading a press story about Mr. Korn showing
up in one of the Microsoft demos, and challenged the compliance of that
version of Korn shell, which the Microsoft manager vehemently denied
until someone pointed out that he's being challenged by Mr. Korn
himself.

--
Weiqi Gao
weiqigao@a.crl.com