Re: RPC : clnt_create_timed

>Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>
>> The forementioned function `clnt_create_timed' is not part of the SUN
>RPC
>> package. Are you sure, that this function is part of RPC on the SUN
>> machine or is it already a function, which is used by an RPC
>application?
>> I'm asking, because `timed' is not a typical RPC application, you
>know?
>
>It has a man page and is declared in rpc/clnt.h on my SUN machine so I
>assumed it was part of the package. It is the same as clnt_create but
>takes an extra timeout parameter specifying the maximum amount of
>time allowed for each transport class tried.

This is correct.
I recently compiled an application which was linked to -lrpclib.a.  I
had some problems with my code, when I was doing debugging I noticed
some errors relating to clnt_create timed stuff.
Bye the way I did not egcs.  I used PGI commercial compilers which has
option tolink against cygwin libraries.

--sms