Re: b20.1 bug, developers please help

Yep, forget about fork() under Win95.

Even if your App does launch, it will eventually crap out - perhaps not till
exitting, if your lucky.  Its just not reliable right now.  This is true
under
Win95 and Win95b.  I don't know about Win98.

fork seems to work fine under NT4.0, however.

If you're only trying to detach from the control terminal (daemonize) so
that
your process doesn't die when you close the shell - simply call the Win32
API function: FreeConsole(), and that will do it.

If you need fork under Win95 for other reasons I think you are SOL right
now.

Interestingly, to properly detach under NT4.0 you need to BOTH fork()
AND call FreeConsole().  fork() alone will appear to release the shell,
i.e. you get the prompt back, but when you close the shell, your proc
goes with it.

But, just to clarify, under Win95 - ONLY call FreeConsole() .

Good Luck,

Steve B.