Re: Access to Win32 Processes from shell

---David's Lightspeed Email <dpainter@lightspeed.net> wrote:
8<
> I'm launching processes from Perl scripts using backticks and the
system
> command, and it seems that Windows is stealing my processes from me
> sometimes.  Although the application is running, and the window is
visible,
> I look for the process with "ps -ef", and it is nowhere to be found.
 Where
> did it go?
>
> What I'm doing is automating IExplorer launches to retrieve http
documents.
> Once I have the documents, though, I need to kill the window,
otherwise my
> screen starts filling up with hundreds of icons.
>
> Any clues?
8<

The processes for non-cygwin binaries cannot be mapped to a cygwin
process.  Therefore you will not see the process with the ps command.
You might use the CreateProcess function instead and use the handle
returned by it to control the window/process created.
==